No.AIRF/24(C) Dated: October 1, 2010
Shri V.N. Tripathi,
Sub: Burning problems of the Railwaymen
The following are the burning issues related to the Railwaymen. Though these have been raised by us many a times but these are still unresolved. There is an urgent need to resolve the same at an early date to keep better industrial relations.
- (i) Settle the issue of entitlement of Privilege Pass at an early date
- (ii) Absorb the staff working in the quasi-administrative offices in the Railways
- (iii) Recruit wards of Railway employees in the Railways
- (iv) Stop indiscriminate surrendering of posts.
- (v) Creation of additional posts for additional works.
- (vi) Filling-up of vacancies
- (vii) Appoint High Powered Committee to review duty hours of Running and Safety categories staff
- (viii) Early payment of arrears of Running Allowance
- (ix) Improve rates of Running Allowance
- (x) Exemption of all the allowances from the purview of Income Tax
- (xi) Remove anomalies of the VI CPC early.
- (xii) Early implementation of 15% upgradation of apex grade Supervisors/Sr. Section Engineers in Gazetted Cadre and also grant them GP Rs.4800.
- (xiii) Poor maintenance of railway staff quarters, roads, sewage system and proper supply of water and electricity.
- (xiv) Stop outsourcing/off-loading of perennial nature works.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Copy to: Shri P.K. Sharma, Addl. Member(Staff), Shri A.K. Nigam, Adviser(IR), Railway Board, New Delhi. They are requested to do the needful please.
Copy to: General Secretaries, all affiliated unions – for information.