CENTRAL RAILWAY WORKSHOP – KURDUWADI
1. Sanctioned Strength 317 2. On Roll Strength 286 3. No. of Officers 2 4. No. of Supervisors 16 5. Total Area 5.6 acres 6. Covered Area 0.9 acres 7. Township Area 6 sq.m. 8. Power Consumption 9275 units/month 9. Water Consumption 1457 KL/month 10 Annual Budget Rs.37 Crores
|S/N||Activities||Outturn 09-10||Target 10-11|
|1.||NG Coach POH||45||60|
BRIEF HISTORY OF CARRIAGE & WAGON WORKSHOP/KURDUWADI
Kurduwadi workshop was established in the year 1930 by the Barshi Light Railway for POH of NG rolling stock. It was taken over by Central Railway in the year 1954. During the restructuring of zonal Railways, the workshop was handed over
to South Central Railway in the year 1966 and remained with them till 1977. The workshop again came into the fold of Central Railway along with Sholapur Division since 02.10.1977.
This workshop was basically established to undertake the POH of NG steam locomotives & Carriage and wagon for Latur-Kurduwadi-Miraj NG section. Later on, the NG rolling stock of the whole Central Railway was taken for POH activities to this workshop. With diminishing NG fleet, the workshop is gearing
up for undertaking rehabilitation of BG wagons.