CBI court refuses bail to two top railway officials
Hyderabad, May 6 (PTI) A special CBI court today dismissed the bail pleas of A K Jagannatham, the then additional divisional railway manager in Raipur, and S N Sharma, the suspended chairman of the Railway Recruitment Board (Mumbai), arrested in connection with a recruitment scam. The court dismissed the bail petitions of Jagannatham and Sharma after the agency strongly objected to their release, a CBI officer said here. The remaining accused -- Vivek (Sharma's son), J Sahreen Kumar and B Vijay Shankar -- were granted bail. Sharma's son got bail on health grounds. The trio have to deposit a bond of Rs 50,000 each with two sureties of the same amount and can not leave Hyderabad till further orders, CBI's senior public prosecutor T Venkat Ramana said. They have also been asked to present themselves at the CBI office here every Monday and Wednesday. The CBI last June claimed to have unearthed a major Railway recruitment scam and subsequently filed a charge sheet against 15 persons. With today's order, 12 out of the 15 accused are out on bail. The agency claimed that Jagannatham was the kingpin of the scam and there was a deal of Rs one crore with some RRB officials to leak the question papers. The question papers were leaked during the examinations for the posts of assistant loco-pilot and assistant station master, held on June 6 and 13 last year by the RRB, Mumbai.