No.AIRF/24(C) Dated: May 23, 2011
The General Secretaries,
All Affiliated Unions,
Sub: Feedback on the meeting held with the Member Staff, Railway Board
In the meeting held today, i.e. on 23rd May, 2011, between the undersigned and Member Staff, Railway Board, wherein Adviser(IR), EDPC-I and EDF(E) were also present, the following deliberations were made on some of AIRF’s demands for which “All India Protest Day” was observed on 18th May, 2011 all over the Indian Railways :-
1. Payment of arrears of Overtime w.e.f. 1.1.2006 – Orders to this effect have already been issued.
2. Settlement of pensionery dues to Construction Organization Staff on last pay drawn – It was ensured that necessary orders will be issued in a day or two.
3. Arrears to Running Staff w.e.f. 1.1.2006 , improvement in the rate of ALK and 25% enhancement in Mileage Allowance – This issue will be discussed after collecting necessary data on 8th June, 2011.
4. Filling-up of vacancies – Efforts are on and 16,000 vacancies in GP Rs.1800 have been filled-up by Ex-servicemen. Efforts are on for further recruitment of 47,000 employees in GP Rs.1800. It is expected that a panel of 30,000 group `C’ staff will be available by the end of July, 2011. I insisted that even then there will be large number of vacancies. It was agreed that, to fill-up remaining vacancies in group `C’, possibilities for conducting GDCE will be explored.
5. Recruitment of Substitutes – The issue of recruitment of Substitutes was also discussed but remained inconclusive.
6. Anomalies – Various anomalies referred to MoF will be pursued by the Railway Ministry(Railway Board) and the outcome will be made available to the Federation shortly.
7. Constitution of High Powered Committee – Constitution of High Powered Committee to review duty hours of Running and Safety Categories Staff has already approved by Hon’ble MR and is under process of notification.
8. Joint Committee on Trackmen(Gangmen) – Meeting of the Joint Committee on Trackmen(Gangmen) is already fixed for 2nd June, 2011 and hope, recommendations of the said
committee will be finalized in this meeting.
9. Cadre Restructuring – Process of cadre restructuring has started on 20.5.2011, and the same will be progressed further.
10. LARSGESS – Member Staff agreed to review appointment of the wards of the Railwaymen under LARSGESS like compassionate ground appointment, and for that, further action will be taken in consultation with Zonal Railways.
11. Absorption of quasi-administrative offices staff in the Railways – Member Staff agreed to pursue the matter further.
Hopefully, inconclusive meeting of the DC/JCM will take place on 3rd June, 2011.