D.O.No.AIRF/24(C) Dated: January 13, 2011
Sub: Feedback of the meeting held today with the Member Staff and Adviser(IR), Railway Board on our long pending demands
Today we have a meeting with the Member Staff and Adviser(IR), Railway Board on our following long pending demands:-
1. Improvement in LARSGESS Scheme(AIRF’s Ref:AIRF/415 dated 19.10.2010, 15.12.2010 and AIRF/64dated 4.1.2011) - It has been agreed that exams will be conducted on six monthly basis instead of yearly basis, and the said scheme will be de-centralized at the divisional level. Orders to this effect will be issued shortly. So far educational qualification is concerned, we have demanded that it should be continued as minimum 8th Class pass. The MS has stated that though there are some difficulties, but he will try to cover the scheme under Board’s orders.
2. So far compassionate ground appointment is concerned, relaxation has already been given and letter to this effect has been circulated to the GMs of the Railways(copy enclosed) which means, qualification of 8th pass will still stand.
3. The issue of absorption of quasi-administrative staff was discussed at length, and finally the MS advised the Adviser(IR), Railway Board to make out a proposal.
4. MS has agreed to start bilateral negotiations on the issue of arrears of Running Allowance and improvement in the rates of Running Allowance.
5. Railway Board has already approved constitution of High Powered Committee to review the duty hours of Running staff and Safety Categories Staff and file has been sent to the Hon’ble MR for approval.
6. On the issue of upgradation of 15% apex level group `C’ posts(promotion from group `C’ to group `B’), it has been agreed that final decision will be taken at an earliest. Railway Board will decide about the percentage, which is likely to be 10% and deployment will be left to the GMs.
7. On the issue of refund of Income Tax wrongly deducted on the arrears of VI CPC, the MS has advised the Adviser(IR) to find out some way for refund to those staff who do not have PAN/PRAN number.
8. On the issue of pensionery benefits to the staff working in Construction Organization, a meeting will be held shortly with the Financial Commissioner(Railways).
9. On the issue of payment of Overtime Allowance w.e.f. 1.1.2006, orders are likely to be issued shortly.
10. Orders regarding payment of Travelling Allowance to the Staff Car Driver will be issued shortly.
Issues relating to anomalies and cadre restructuring were also raised by me, but since the Addl. Member Staff was out of town, these were remained inconclusive.
With fraternal greetings!
Shiv Gopal Mishra