Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, dated 11th October, 2009
Subject: Fixation of pay in case of employees who seek transfer to a lower post under FR 15(a) - clarification regarding.
1. The undersigned is directed to refer to instructions issued vide this Department's OM NO. 16/6/2001-Estt(Pay-I) dated 14.2.2006 on the above subject. It was clarified therein that on transfer to the lower post/scale under FR 15(a), the pay of a Government servant holding a post on regular basis will be fixed at a stage equal to the pay drawn by him in the higher grade. If no such stage is available, the pay will be fixed at the stage next below the pay drawn by him in the higher post and the difference may be granted as personal pay to be absorbed in future increments. If the maximum of the pay scale of the lower post is less than the pay drawn by him in the higher post, his pay may be restricted to the maximum under FR 22(a)(a)(3).
2. Consequent upon implementation of the revised pay structure comprising grade pays and running Pay Bands, w.e.f. 1.1.2006 in cases of appointment of Government servants to posts carrying lower Grade Pay under FR 15(a) on their own request, the pay in the pay band of the Government servant will be fixed at a stage equal to the pay in the pay band drawn by him prior to his appointment against the lower post. However, he will be granted grade pay of lower post. Further, in all cases, he will continue to draw his increments based on his pay in the pay band +grade pay (lower).
3. Where transfer to a lower post is made subject to certain terms and conditions then the pay may be fixed according to such terms and conditions.
4. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
5. this orders takes effects from 01.01.2006