Protecting Your Card
- Keep your card in a safe place to avoid damage.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Never write the PIN down on anything in your wallet or on the card itself.Never tell your PIN to any third person, whether to family member, office staff.
- When selecting a PIN, avoid numbers and letters that relate to your personal information. For example, don't use your initials, birthday, telephone or vehicle number ,if you have such a number, contact your bank and get a new PIN issued.In most of ATM ,you can change your ATM pin yourself.
- Immediately report a lost or stolen card to your financial institution.
- To help guard against fraud, keep your ATM receipts until you check them against your monthly statement.
Safety Tips at the time Of withdrawal
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM. If the machine is obstructed from view or poorly lit, visit another ATM..
- Take a friend with you - especially at night.
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- Shield the screen and keyboard so anyone waiting to use the ATM cannot see you enter your PIN or transaction amount.
- Put your cash, card and receipt away immediately. Count your money later, and always keep your receipt.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave immediately. If anyone follows you after making a transaction, go to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
- When using an enclosed ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting strangers follow you inside.
- Check with your financial institution to determine what the daily limit of funds that can be withdrawn from your account is.
- Use swap ATM machine ,Machine which take ATM card inside are risky and some time they ate your ATM card ,due to input of wrong ATM pin ,withdrawal amount given is more than balance and for other reason .
- Use Your own Bank machine ,where ever possible .the reason is that if there is a problem in Transaction then problem can be solved by your bank directly but if other banks ATM is used then to solve dispute you have to contact two bank branches.
- If your card jammed in ATM, report this immediately to the bank.
Read more: http://www.simpletaxindia.org