ORDER FROM RAILWAY MINISTRY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
No.PC-VI/2010/CRC/1(Pt.I) Dt. 30.04.2010.
RBE No. 66/2010
The General Managers/CAO(R),
Subject:- Restructuring of the cadre of Assistant Loco Pilots.
The issue of cadre restructuring of the cadre of Assistant Loco Pilots has been under consideration of the Ministry of Railways in consultation with
While implementing these orders the following detailed instructions
Date of effect:
1. The restructuring of the cadre will be with reference to the sanctioned cadre strength as on 1st May, 2010. The staff who will be placed in higher grade pay as a result of implementation of these orders will draw pay in higher grade pay from the date of effect.
2. These orders will be applicable on the regular cadres (excluding surplus & supernumerary posts) of the Open Line establishments.
2.1. These orders will not be applicable to ex-cadre & work-charged posts which will continue to be based on worth of charge.
3. On placement to Pay Band-I, Grade Pay Rs.2400, the pay will be fixed as per Rule 13 of RS(RP) Rules, 2008 with the benefit of one increment @ 3% of basic pay.
Existing classification and filling up of the vacancies:
4. The existing classification of posts remains unchanged. Vacancies in the higher grade of ALP (Grade Pay Rs. 2400) arising out of this restructuring will be filled up on the basis of scrutiny of service records and confidential reports.
4.1 Normal vacancies in the higher grade (Grade Pay Rs.2400)existing on date of effect and those arising on that date from this cadre restructuring should be filled in the following sequence:-
i) From panels approved on or before date of effect and current on
ii) And the balance in the manner indicated in para 4 above.
4.2 Such panels of higher grade of ALPs (Grade pay Rs. 2400) which have not been finalized by date of effect as specified in these orders should be cancelled/abandoned.
4.3. All vacancies arising from the next day following the date of effect as specified in these orders will be filled by normal procedure.
4.4. All vacancies in higher grade of ALPs (Grade Pay Rs. 2400) arising out of the restructuring should be filled up by senior employees who should be given benefit of the promotion w.e.f. the date of effect whereas for the normal vacancies existing on the date of effect of these orders, junior employees should be posted and will get promotion and higher pay from the date of taking over the charge of the posts as per normal rules.
4.5. Employees who retire/resign or expire in between the period from the date of effect of these orders to the date of actual implementation of these orders, will be eligible for the fixation benefits and arrears under these orders from the date of effect of these orders, if they are otherwise entitled to the said benefit.
Minimum years of service in each grade:
5. While implementing the restructuring orders, instructions regarding
Provision of reservation:
6. The existing instructions with regard to reservation of SC/ST wherever applicable will continue to apply.
D&A / Vigilance Clearance:
7. Extent instructions for D&A/Vigilance clearance will be applicable for effecting promotions under these orders with reference to date of effect of these orders.
Refusal of promotion:
8. Such of the Staff as had refused promotion before issue of these
9. Entire scheme of restructuring is to be a self-financing and expenditure neutral proposition. For calculation of the financial implications, the revised basic pay (including the Grade Pay) corresponding to the midpoint of the pre-revised pay scales in respect of the each post as listed in the fitment table circulated vide Railway Board’s letter No. PC-VI/2008/I/RSRP/1 dated 12.09.2008, should be taken, along with the Dearness Allowance as applicable on date of effect of these orders.
9.1. Before restructuring the cadre of Assistant Loco Pilots as per the revised percentage distribution of posts, matching savings will have to be ensured by the Railway. Board desire that the General Managers should ensure that the restructuring is implemented expeditiously with matching saving without any exception and difficulty. There would be no restructuring without matching savings by surrender of posts by the concerned Railway.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of this Ministry.
Kindly acknowledge receipt.
Hindi version will follow.
( Hari Krishan)